Mass Live Stream Schedule – Access Live Stream through our Church Facebook Page
- Be sure to join Facebook and “like” us. You can also click the Following tab and select Church of the Sacred Heart to appear first in your news feed.
posted 6:40am March 28
Thus far I have had Holy Communion “drive through style” following private Mass during the pandemic. If you can go to a drive through or get carry out for regular food why not for the Holy Eucharist which is also food – literally and spiritually?
But I have come down with a cold, which for me has manifested itself primarily as nasal congestion. I also have a minor sore throat, but have no trouble swallowing, I have coughed only mildly and very occasionally. I have not had any fever, or shortness of breath, or chest pains.
For this reason, and because of the “Stay at Home” order I will refrain from giving Holy Communion at this time. The times I had announced for “Drive Through Style Holy Communion” and the Confession times this weekend on Facebook and our website are no longer valid.
We should not self-diagnose. I may just have a garden variety cold. Yet, the whole reason for the “Stay at Home” order is to give our Health Care Workers the means to treat those with serious illness due to CoviD-19 without being overwhelmed.
If there was no Covid-19 virus causing potentially fatal results, these symptoms I am manifesting would not typically result in me refraining from saying public Mass or distributing communion after washing my hands and sanitizing them with Purell or Thieves sanitizer.
But there is this virus. Given what I am experiencing were I to call my doctor I doubt they would recommend a test for Covid-19, as they are reserving tests for those with serious symptoms. Yet, I can not in good conscience put anyone at risk due to a lack of knowledge or presumption on my part that I only have a regular cold.
I apologize for any confusion do to the constantly changing circumstances. I do this reluctantly since a pastor of souls is meant to feed the flock, but I can not in good conscience put anyone at risk during this time, even if I only have a garden variety cold.
Be assured of my prayers and affection for all of you. Do check out the Mass Live-streams. These I can do by myself without putting any one at risk. The Saturday morning live stream for March 28th, however, will be delayed however until mid-day.
Yours in the Heart of Christ,
Fr. Bryan J.B. Pedersen
N.B. Holy Communion Times No Longer Valid.
Saturday Vigil Live stream at 4:00 PM – Holy Communion at Door #8 from 4:45 – 5:45 PM
Sunday Mass live stream at 8:30 AM – English (Ordinary Form) – Holy Communion at Door #8 from 9:30 – 10:30 AM
Sunday Mass live stream at 11:00 AM – Latin (Extraordinary Form) – Holy Communion at Door #8 from 12:30 – 1:30 PM
N.B. Please read Instructions carefully as we take your physical and spiritual health most seriously as we follow the provisions of the Governor’s executive order.
- During the “Stay at Home” period issued by Governor Walz from 12:00 AM, March 28 through 5:00 PM on April 10th, Clergy and those assisting with the broadcast are considered exempt from the order. We will be following all of the recommendations regarding social distancing, disinfecting etc.
- The ability to acquire food is considered essential, and during the “Stay at Home” period citizens can go acquire food following the various guidelines.
- Sacramental Holy Communion is both physical food, and spiritual food due to the real presence of Jesus – Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity in the Holy Eucharist.
- After the Live stream of Holy Mass Holy Communion will be offered at the Vestibule of Door #8.
- Please follow all instructions below. We take the maintenance of your physical and spiritual health most seriously.
- If you need absolution before Holy Communion due to awareness of some serious sin, General Absolution is authorized during the Pandemic, and can be given. Due let me know you would like to receive General Absolution first. After the Pandemic has ended, penitents receiving General Absolution, must then go to individual confession to confess any mortal sins (in number/how many times and kind).
- Please bring your Offertory Envelopes if you are able. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Holy Communion “Drive Through/Take Out Style” – Vestibule at Door #8 (located at W. Broadway lot)
- Day of the Lord:
- Saturday Vigil 4:45 – 5:45 PM
- Sunday 9:30 – 10:30 AM and 12:30 – 1:30 PM
- Instructions for Holy Communion:
- Drive to the West Broadway Lot. Enter from W. Broadway Ave.
- Form cars in a line at the orange cone by Door #8
- If there are more than three cars in the line, then park in the lined parking spots in the middle of the lot. Please respect each other, stay in your cars and practice social distancing. Follow instructions of parking lot attendant if present.
- Once you are at the orange cone by Door # 8. Depart your car & enter. One car at a time. Practice Social distancing.
- The Doors will be propped open so you won’t need to touch door handles. The Communion Station is in the vestibule. After each family group leaves the minister of Holy Communion will disinfect his hands with Hand Sanitizer.
- Exit the building, go back to your car and use the 40 1/2 Ave. exit to drive away.
- The next car pulls up to the orange cone, etc.
- If you are waiting in the car queue, make an act of contrition or say the confiteor – “I confess to almighty God” prayer and prepare spiritually to receive our Lord in Holy Communion.