Mass Protocol Changes:
Per the latest Executive Order and CDC/MN Department of Health Guidelines, and guidelines offered by the Archdiocese beginning May 29th, the ropes and tape on the pews in Church will be removed and you may sit where you choose. For those who have concerns regarding distancing, we will maintain a section of pews roped off every other pew. In addition, all doors will be available to use as either an entrance or exit. We will continue to provide hand sanitizer at the entrances for those who wish to use. We will continue to have masks available as well though the mask mandate has been rescinded. Those who wish to participate in the congregational singing may want to have a mask handy since at least at this point Archdiocesan protocol is to wear a mask while singing. We will again be using two lines for Holy Communion and all will process to the front of the sanctuary. Communion will be brought to the those in the first pew on either side, or any who sit in the Choir Stalls.
Archbishop Hebda and the Bishops of the State of Minnesota have yet to withdraw the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy days of Obligation though we have been informed that this will be changing in the near future. We will notify you once this obligation is reinstated. It is important to note that the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is part of the Third Commandment “To Keep Holy the Sabbath Day.” Only for a serious reason can Bishops and Pastors of the Church grant a dispensation.
During the Summer Months after the conclusion of the School Year our Mass and Liturgy schedule will be changing slightly as follows:
- The Monday Morning Word and Communion Service at 8:00 AM will resume on June 7th. This service will be followed by Morning Prayer (Lauds) at the Choir Stalls.
- The biggest change to the schedule will come on Tuesdays. Beginning June 8th, the Tuesday 8:00 AM Morning Mass will switch to a Tuesday evening Mass at 6:30 PM. Confessions will be heard preceding this Mass from 5:30 PM to 6:15 PM. Evening Prayer (Vespers) will immediately precede the Mass at 6:15pm at the Choir Stalls. We anticipate that the Tuesday daily Mass will return to 8:00 AM on Tuesday, September 7th when School is in session.
- Morning Prayer will again follow Morning Mass on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at the Choir Stalls.
- During the Summer months we will also have a morning Mass on the First Saturday of each month at 8:00AM. Following this Mass morning prayer will be held at the Choir Stalls. Confessions will be heard in the Chapel from 9:00 – 9:30 AM on the First Saturday of each month going forward. Confession will not precede the first Saturday Mass during the summer months.
- The Mass of Anticipation on Saturday Evening in Church will remain at 4:00PM. The Parking Lot Mass continues at 5:30PM for the time being. When the parking lot Mass does end, the Saturday evening Mass of Anticipation, though, will remain at 4:00PM. There is no change to the Sunday schedule.
As Archdiocesan Protocols change during the summer months, we will provide updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Parish Office at 763-537-4561.